Requirements & selection criteria
Applicants must have the following requirements:
- A Bachelor-level degree (minimum 3 years), preferably in social sciences and related disciplines, recognised by all Network member universities;
- Good and active working knowledge of English or and French and at least a passive working knowledge of the other language (candidates must be able to understand, speak and write one of the two languages and at least understand the other one in both languages);
- A demonstrable interest in Euro-Mediterranean issues and relations;
- Basic knowledge of Human Rights, International Relations, Political Science (for those who choose Specific Track No. 2), Macro and Micro Economics (for those who choose Specific Track No. 4);
- Those who possess a university degree in areas other than the social sciences and related disciplines may be admitted to the Programme if they can demonstrate to have acquired sufficient equivalent knowledge.
The MAEM/MEMA Network is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities for prospective students and encourages the participation of students from the Southern and Eastern shores of the Mediterranean.
The selection process will grade applicants on the formal prerequisites as well as on a number of other criteria, such as:
- University degrees beyond the minimum requirement relevant to the Programme;
- Working experience relevant to the Programme;
- Language knowledge beyond the minimal requirements relevant to the Programme;
- Motivation to enrol in the Programme.
The Network may assess the suitability of the students for the Programme through an interview and/or a written exam (both on the basic knowledge required and on the languages of instruction) at a Network member institution or, exceptionally, via other means (e.g. phone).
For special students the same entry requirements and selection criteria will be applied as for full-time students.